If you apply for a job, you may be required to pass a drug test. This is because some employs want to provide a safe working environment for the employs. Here are some facts and tips to help you pass the drug tests.
Types of Drug Tests
There are various types of drug tests given to potential employs:
- Urine test. The urine test is the most common. You will give the employer a urine sample to check for creatinine.
- Hair follicle test. This requires a strand of your hair to test for toxins. It gives an accurate timeline since hair grows slowly. Hair follicles can show drug use from the past few months.
- Steroids test. The steroids test is a recent drug testing method. It detects drugs from the provided urine sample.
- Blood tests. Though considered the most invasive, it is the most accurate. A blood sample is drawn to test of presence of drugs.
- Saliva tests. During a saliva attest, you will be required to moisten strip with saliva. It can trace drug use from the past 10-24hours.
Advantages of Drug Testing
Drug testing has many advantages for an employer:
- Lowers absenteeism. Drug use is often linked with frequently absent employees.
- Reduces accidents. An employ who abuses drugs can be a safety hazard which increases the likelihood of accidents.
- Lessens chances of worker’s compensation claims. Research shows worker’s compensation claims dropped % for companies that conduct drug testing.
- Increases employer trust. Employees know their reemploys are trying to keep them safe which builds trust.
Random Drug Testing
It is possible you will be subjected to random drug testing during your employment. Employs have a legal right to conduct random drug tests on suspected employs. Random drug tests help employers identify potential drug abusers. It causes much controversy among critics who claim it violates privacy. Certain occupations are prone to give random dug tests like construction jobs and law enforcement.
Secrets on How to Pass Drug Tests
- You should get sufficient notice before the drug tests. Though the exact day may not be known, you can still prepare. Try to stop drug use well in advance.
- Choose the test that will increase your chance of negative results. Choose the blood test if you are an occasional user. Make certain you have not used it for one week. If you use drugs heavily, choose the urine test.
- For urine tests, you can dilute the sample. Make certain to dilute with warm water since the temperature is recorded. Don’t dilute too much since really pale urine may raise suspicion. Be aware internal diluting can be picked up. Some people drink so much water to dilute urine infernally they risk toxicity. Drinking water helps expel urine faster, but do not exceed 64 ounces daily.
- Learn what does not work. Since so many drug users have used the same tricks to fool tests, they aren’t fool-proof. It is a myth you can dilute urine with bleach or ammonia. This will cause urine to bubble and raise flags with your employer. Don’t try to spike urine tests. The tests now can detect these nitrates once used to mask urine. Avoid urine cleansers. There is no proof they work and they are expensive.
- A hair test can only detect drug use by hair length. Try to sot drug use one week before the test and trim your hair. Wash with a hair detox shampoo. They could also take hair form other body parts. If you don’t have any hair, they may offer a urine test as an alternative.
- Certain vitamins and medication can in crease your chance of passing. Take 100 mgs of B vitamins two hours before the test. Taking B complex vitamins can make the urine yellow. If you urine flow is light, take Midol. Also, taking four to six aspirin may help hide some things the test checks.
- Know your rights. An employer must offer you employment before conducting a drug test. Employs are not allowed to discriminate based on results.
These secrets on how to pass a drug test should increase your chances of passing. Keep in mind drug addiction is serious and you are urged to get help. The best way to pass a drug test is stop drug use.